Listen and Translate


EU Settlement Scheme

From 1 July 2021, any EU citizen wanting to apply and bid for council homes in Wolverhampton needs to have settled status or have a visa giving them leave to remain in the UK with access to public funds. Individuals with pre-settled status will also be able to apply but must be employed, self-employed, or have retained worker status.

EU citizens have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the government's EU Settlement Scheme. To apply, you’ll need proof of your identity in the form of a passport or valid national identity card, and proof of residence in the UK, unless you have a valid permanent residence document, or valid indefinite leave to remain in or enter the UK.

Learn more about the EU Settlement Scheme on

Any EU citizen who does not have settled or pre-settled status after 30 June, will need to apply for a visa.

Apply for a visa