- Published: Tuesday, 24 March 2020 17:14
New measures to reduce the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19) have been announced by the Government. These measures require people to stay at home and limit movement to essential journeys only and we will therefore be unable to advertise, allocate or re-let Wolverhampton City Council properties until further notice.
What does this mean for me?
- If you have been offered a new home in writing the offer will remain in place, but you will be unable to view or sign up for the property until further notice.
- If we have contacted you about a home but have not been made an offer in writing we will be unable to progress any further pre-offer work. We will contact you in the future to resume the pre offer work we have started when it is safe for us to do so. You will still be able to make an application for a home, but you will not be able to bid on any properties during this time.
- If you are made homeless during this period or you are told you that you will be made homeless within 56 days, you can still contact the Housing Options Team for advice and assistance. Please call 01902 556789 option 6. Please be aware that that Government has halted all new evictions from both private rented and social housing properties at present. If you are experiencing domestic abuse, in the first instance please contact the Police or Domestic Abuse Helpline Services.
- If you are applying to move home due to domestic abuse, once you have completed your application an officer will make telephone contact with you to offer practical advice on keeping as safe at home during this period and offer information on where else you can get help.
The safety of our customers and staff is our top priority and this decision has been taken to help keep people safe, in line with the Government guidance. We will review the situation regularly and keep customers updated of any changes on this website so please check back for further guidance.
You can find up-to-date information and guidance on coronavirus, council services and current Government actions and advice on the City of Wolverhampton website.