- Published: Thursday, 14 May 2020 13:14
Having reviewed the guidance from the Government on the lockdown measures starting on 5th November we will continue to advertise, allocate and relet homes. To ensure the risk of spreading coronavirus is kept to a minimum the processes may be slightly different, but you will now be able to undertake the following activities in connection with renting a home:
- viewing properties to rent
- preparing a property to move in
- moving home
- visiting a property to undertake any activities required for the renting of that property
What does this mean for me?
- If you are placed top of a shortlist for a new home we will contact you and ask you to provide evidence of everything you have declared on your housing application
- You will be able to make an application for a home.
- Wolverhampton Homes is unable to provide feedback on previous bids by phone. Live feedback showing the priority and waiting time of the applicant we are considering is available on the Homes in the City website.
- If you are made homeless or you are told you that you will be made homeless within 56 days, you can still contact the Housing Options Team for advice and assistance. Please call 01902 556789 option 6. Please be aware that that government has halted all new evictions from both private rented and social housing properties at present.
- If you are experiencing domestic abuse, in the first instance please contact the Police or Domestic Abuse Helpline Services. If you are applying to move home due to domestic abuse, once you have completed your application an officer will make telephone contact with you to offer practical advice on keeping as safe as possible at home during this period. They will also be able to provide information on where else you can get help.
The safety of our customers and staff is our top priority. These decisions have been taken to help keep people safe, while also ensuring that those who need to move can do so, in line with government guidance. We will review the situation regularly and keep customers updated of any changes on this website so please check back for further guidance.
You can find up-to-date information and guidance on coronavirus, council services and current government actions and advice on the City of Wolverhampton Council website.