Emergency Housing Need
We will not be taking applications (except for those with a possible Emergency housing need) from 19th July 2021 unless we invite you to reapply. Applications from those who reapply will not be made live until 28th September though you will be able to use your old application to bid until 26th September.
Due to the high demand and low numbers of homes becoming available the cases of anyone without housing need lower that Emergency being considered for a home before the end of September if they applied now is very low therefore we will only consider making application live from 19th July onwards if they have a Homeless or Emergency Housing need.
If you feel you have an Emergency Housing need due to homelessness (i.e. you are currently homeless and have been for 56 days or more) please click here.
If you feel you have an Emergency housing need due to Domestic Abuse please click here.
Other Emergency Housing Needs are as follows
- There has been a Multi Agency Panel review and immediate rehousing is required;
- A substantially adapted or purpose built property is required. This category includes those applicants covered by regulations which apply to members and former members of the Armed Forces and having particular regard for those injured or disabled in action;
- An appointed Occupational Therapist has decided the applicant’s property is unsuitable for the applicant or a member of their household needs and where adaptations would cost in excess of £5,000 or cannot be carried out due to the construction of the property
- A substantially adapted (£3000 or more in value, through floor lift substantially adapted bathroom etc) or purpose-built property is being freed;
- An appointed Occupational Therapist has decided the applicant’s property is unsuitable for the applicant or a dependent member of the households needs. Or; where adaptations would cost in excess of £5,000 cannot be carried out due to the construction of the property or the applicant is deemed to be prevented from leaving hospital without suitable accommodation.
- A family is freeing a placement in a specialist housing scheme, or subject to a single referral forum decision, and has been assessed as ready to move on;
- Short of 3 or more bedrooms
- Short of 2 or more bedrooms whilst living in a 1-bedroom property
- Wolverhampton City Council or Registered Provider tenant releasing two or more bedrooms
If you have another Emergency housing need please complete the following for