Are you ready?
If you are applying for a home through Homes in the City you'll need to take our online “Are you ready?” course before we can make your application live and you can start bidding.
You need to complete the course if:
- You're not a current council or housing association tenant.
- You have a tenancy with a private landlord.
- You've had rent arrears or other problems in a past tenancy.
What does the course cover?
The first part of the course covers managing your money - you will need to complete this first course before you can start bidding.
You will be invited to take the second part of the course if you are considered for a property.
How do I take the course?
1. Fill in the housing application form - once you have completed the form, you will be given the link to register for the course.
2. Create a username and password to register - this should be something you can easily remember. Keep a note of both as you will need them again later. A suggestion might be your surname for your username and a date of birth for your password.
3. Acknowledgment emails - once you’ve completed the registration form, you'll receive some emails. One email will be called "Wolverhampton Homes e-Learning Zone: account confirmation" - you will need to click the link in this email to confirm your account. (If you don't receive this email, check your spam/junk email folder.)
4. Registration approval - your registration will need to be approved during office opening hours. If you register when the office is closed, your registration won’t be approved until the next working day. You'll need to click the link in the email to verify your account. You will receive another email to let you know that your registration has been approved and you will be able to start the course, normally after one hour.
5. Start the course - you’ll need to enter your username and password and then enrol on the course.
6. Follow the instructions to complete the course.
7. Upload your certificate - when you have finished the course, you will be able to download your certificate ready to send it to the lettings team by using our upload certificate form. (You can download the PDF or take a screenshot.)
8. Difficulties completing the course - if you can't complete the course at home, you can visit any Wolverhampton Homes One Stop Shop. If you are unable to visit a One Stop Shop, do you have someone who could help and support you with completing the course? If none of these options are available, please let us know.
If your first language isn’t English, you can come to one of our pre-tenancy workshops with the Refugee and Migrant Centre (RMC).